President sacks Anura and Susil; appoints Duminda and Vishwa
The Colombo District Court today issued an enjoining order preventing Anura Priyadharshana Yapa and Susil Premajayantha from acting and discharging duties as the General Secretaries of the SLFP and UPFA respectively until August 28, 2015.
President Maithripala Sirisena in his capacity as the Chairman of the SLFP and UPFA has cancelled the party membership Anura Priyadharshana Yapa and Susil Premajayantha and has removed them from the posts of General Secretary.
Meanwhile the President has appointed Minister Duminda Dissanayake as the Acting General Secretary of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) and ex-Minister Prof. Vishwa Warnapala as Acting General Secretary of the United People’s Freedom Alliance (UPFA).
Consequently Duminda Dissanayake and Prof. Warnapala have sought an enjoining order to prevent the former General Secretaries from carrying out duties in their former capacities.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023