President sacks Anura and Susil; appoints Duminda and Vishwa
The Colombo District Court today issued an enjoining order preventing Anura Priyadharshana Yapa and Susil Premajayantha from acting and discharging duties as the General Secretaries of the SLFP and UPFA respectively until August 28, 2015.
President Maithripala Sirisena in his capacity as the Chairman of the SLFP and UPFA has cancelled the party membership Anura Priyadharshana Yapa and Susil Premajayantha and has removed them from the posts of General Secretary.
Meanwhile the President has appointed Minister Duminda Dissanayake as the Acting General Secretary of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) and ex-Minister Prof. Vishwa Warnapala as Acting General Secretary of the United People’s Freedom Alliance (UPFA).
Consequently Duminda Dissanayake and Prof. Warnapala have sought an enjoining order to prevent the former General Secretaries from carrying out duties in their former capacities.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
Can not understand why he did not sack the origin of all the troubles, Mahinda Rajapaksha, instead of going after the others.