Rajapaksa sends reply to President Sirisena
Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa today responded to the letter from President Maithripala Sirisena, with a letter of his own.
He acknowledges that he has received president Sirisena’s letter. Rajapaksa refuted all allegations leveled at him and said that he handed over the party to president Sirisena days after the election defeat in January.
Rajapaksa also said that he believes president Sirisena will accept the people’s mandate after the general election.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023