Presidential pardon for Sigiriya scribbler
President Maithrpala Sirisena has signed the documents to pardon the girl (23) who damaged the Sigiriya Mirror Wall using a hairpin, Minister Wijayadasa Rajapaksa said.
She was charged with causing damage to the Mirror Wall at Sigiriya and was sentenced to two years’ imprisonment by Dambulla Magistrate Sanjeewa Ramyakumara on March 2.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023