President’s testimony before PSC ends; final report by end of October
The Parliamentary Select Committee (PSC) appointed to inquire into the Easter Sunday terror attacks have concluded the hearing of evidence from President Maithripala Sirisena.
Committee member MP Nalinda Jayatissa says that the final report of the PSC will be submitted to the Parliament of Sri Lanka at the end of October.
The members of the Select Committee had arrived at the Presidential Secretariat in Colombo at around 10.00 a.m. yesterday morning to record the statement of the President.
The Committee members had then recorded the President’s statement regarding the series of terror attacks that took place at several churches and luxury hotels in the country on the 21st of April.
(Courtesy: Government News Portal)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023