President’s testimony before PSC ends; final report by end of October
The Parliamentary Select Committee (PSC) appointed to inquire into the Easter Sunday terror attacks have concluded the hearing of evidence from President Maithripala Sirisena.
Committee member MP Nalinda Jayatissa says that the final report of the PSC will be submitted to the Parliament of Sri Lanka at the end of October.
The members of the Select Committee had arrived at the Presidential Secretariat in Colombo at around 10.00 a.m. yesterday morning to record the statement of the President.
The Committee members had then recorded the President’s statement regarding the series of terror attacks that took place at several churches and luxury hotels in the country on the 21st of April.
(Courtesy: Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023