Price Controls on Essential Goods during Festive Season – Minister Johnston
Raids will be carried out to arrest unscrupulous traders who sell rice above the control price, Minister of Cooperatives and Internal Trade Johnston Fernando said.
He said that the Consumer Services Authority has been given instructions to carry out raids and take legal action against traders who sell goods above the controlled price. Traders will not be permitted to increase prices of essential goods during the festive season.
He emphasized that the government will iimport essential commodities and pass on the maximum benefit to the people.
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023