Price of prima wheat flour increased
Posted in Local News
Price of a kilogramme of wheat flour has been increased by Rs.7.20.
Therefore the price of a kilogram of wheat has now been increased from Rs 90 to Rs 97.20.
It has been reported that the price hike is the result of an increase in the import levy on wheat grain.
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
why import wheat when we can grow our own rice. if wheat price has gone up by almost 10 percent why not reduce import of wheat flour by 10 percent, and increase the price of rice by 7 percent. This may effect the urbanites in Champika’s Utopia and the proles (orwell) who keep the city running be given subsidised rice and coconut.
Then this idea of India currency swap in lieu of the pending loan from is OK but then on what terms what is important are the terms of this extended favor. As it is SL owes the Indian millions of rupees to import stuff that can be produced here
Really…? These fools never learn…!
Wheat products are urban food and not rural food.
So the price is no problem.
The rice harvest has exceeded projections and the Government has stopped purchasing rice because they have no storage. Excess rice is with the farmers and no money for New Year.
That Chinese City in Colombo, why not build paddy storage on the reclaimed land instead of building night clubs and luxury apartments for the Kolomba kaaka’s.
Fools means ur community. We already know that u wanker.