Prior approval MANDATORY for gatherings and events
An Extraordinary Gazette was issued making it mandatory to obtain prior approval of the Director General of Health Services for gatherings, activities, events or similar places of meetings.
According to the Gazette, the guidelines, circulars, directions, instructions or terms and conditions issued, given by the Director General of Health Services supersede the guidelines, circulars, directions, instructions or terms and conditions issued, given or specified by other authorities.
The regulation has been made by Minister of Health Keheliya Rambukwella under sections 2 and 3 of the Quarantine and Prevention of Diseases Ordinance.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023