Provide relief to flood-affected MR instructs SLPP local bodies
Opposition Leader Mahinda Rajapaksa said he had instructed all Heads of Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) Local Government bodies to act swiftly to provide urgent relief to all those affected by the adverse weather conditions throughout the country.
He said some 11 districts had already been hit hard by the prevalent adverse weather conditions and that he has already advised SLPP Members and Councillors of the aforesaid bodies to coordinate matters and provide relief to the affected people without any discrimination.
He added that all Joint Opposition Parliamentarians of the affected districts had been informed to personally inspect relief measures.
He also urged the Government to move in quickly and look into the plight of those affected.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By W.K. Prasad Manju)
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023