Provide uninterrupted power supply after revising tariffs – President
Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe has directed the Power and Energy Minister Kanchana Wijesekera and relevant officials to ensure uninterrupted power supply for electricity customers once the latest tariff revision is implemented.
The directives came a day after the Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) announced that the Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL) green-lighted its proposal seeking a 66% increase in electricity tariffs to avoid a projected loss of Rs. 287 billion.
President Ranil Wickremesinghe has also directed the authorities to provide concessions for low-income families and provide solar rooftop systems for religious places and government educational institutions once the PUCSL tariff revision is implemented.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023