PSC cannot come to a finding adversely affecting the rights of a judge – Court of Appeal
The Court of Appeal read out the determination of the Supreme Court a short while ago in relation to several matters which had been referred to the Supreme Court by the Court of Appeal on the interpretation of the constitution.
According to Attorney-at-Law Saliya Peiris, the Supreme Court had determined that the Parliamentary Select Committee which examined the impeachment motion against the Chief Justice under Standing Orders 78/A has no legal power or authority to come to a finding adversely affecting the rights of a judge.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023