Public Utilities Commission misleading public on CEB profits – Minister
The Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL) was misleading people by making false statements regarding the profit made by the Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB), Power and Energy Minister Kanchana Wijesekera said in a Twitter message.
The Minister said normally the CEB makes operating profits in October and November each year due to the increase in hydro power generation following rains.
However it is not due to the recent adjustment of the electricity tariff.
“The reported profit of the CEB during the last few months is due to the increase of hydro power generation but not with the result of the recent electricity tariff revision implemented in last August,” the Minister’s Twitter message highlighted.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
Then take them to the court or ask the judiciary to review and declare false. Then sack the man. Stop this chaos and jokes that confuse the public and increase the anger and hatred.
Better still, the CEB should publish weekly Statement of Assets and Liabilities and Profit and Loss on its website.
The statements should be vetted by the Auditor General prior to publication.