Public Utilities Commission misleading public on CEB profits – Minister
The Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL) was misleading people by making false statements regarding the profit made by the Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB), Power and Energy Minister Kanchana Wijesekera said in a Twitter message.
The Minister said normally the CEB makes operating profits in October and November each year due to the increase in hydro power generation following rains.
However it is not due to the recent adjustment of the electricity tariff.
“The reported profit of the CEB during the last few months is due to the increase of hydro power generation but not with the result of the recent electricity tariff revision implemented in last August,” the Minister’s Twitter message highlighted.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023