Pujith & Hemasiri further remanded
IGP Pujith Jayasundera and former Defence Secretary Hemasiri Fernando were further remanded until November 6 by Colombo Additional Magistrate Priyantha Liyanage today.
On October 09, the Colombo High Court dismissed the previous order issued by the Colombo Magistrate’s Court granting bail to the IGP and former Defence Secretary, who have been charged with failing to prevent the Easter Sunday terror attacks. The two defendants were subsequently ordered to be remanded.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023