‘’Puravesi Athwela’ humanitarian train’’ from North to South on June 10
The Presidential Secretariat and the Railway Department have jointly organized a special train titled ‘’Puravesi Athwela’ humanitarian train’’, to collect relief material to be distributed to those who were affected by the recent floods and landslides.
The special train will leave the Kankesanturai Station on 10 June at 6.30 a.m. and will stop at the following stations: Jaffna, Kilinochchi, Vavuniya, Madawachchiya, Anuradhapura, Maho, Ganewatta, Kurunegala, Polgahawela, Alawwa, Ambepussa, Meerigama, Veyangoda, Gampaha, Ganemulla, Ragama, Hunupitiya, Kelaniya, Dematagoda, Maradana, Fort, Mount Laviniya, Moratuwa and Panadura.
The relief items which the affected people need are : Kitchen utensils, cleaning equipment, dry rations, clothes for school children and adults, bed sheets, pillow covers, towels, women’s sanitary products, mosquito nets, Dettol, Harpic and soaps , medical drugs, school stationery, toys and books for libraries.
The relief items collected through this humanitarian mission will be distributed among the affected people.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023