Curfew in Maradana and Dematagoda Police areas with immediate effect
Quarantine curfew has been declared within Dematagoda and Maradana police areas with immediate effect until further notice, says Commander of Army Lieutenant General Shavendra Silva.
In the meantime, quarantine curfew has been imposed in Payagala, Beruwala and Aluthgama police areas until 5.00 am on Monday (October 26).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023