Rajitha Senaratne arrested
Former Minister Rajitha Senaratna was arrested by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) today over the investigation into the ‘white van’ news conference, Police Spokesman Jaliya Senaratna said.
He said the former UNP MP was arrested after he surrendered to the CID.
The CID officials are currently recording a statement from Dr. Senaratne and he is to be produced in the court afterwards.
UPDATE: Colombo Chief Magistrate’s Court has ordered to remand former Health Minister Rajitha Senaratne until May 27.
UPDATE: Former Minister Rajitha Senaratne who was remanded till 27 May to be sent to Pallansena isolation centre in Negombo – Commissioner General of Prisons
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023