Range Bandara’s son arrested
Posted in Local News
Police have arrested Yasodha Range Bandara, the son of State Minister Palitha Range Bandara, over the offences of drunk driving and misuse of public property.
Twenty five-year-old Yashoda and Puttalam Pradeshiya Sabha Chairman Anjana Sandaruwan were injured when their vehicle, belonging to the Irrigation Ministry, driven by State Minister’s son veered off the road and crashed into a house at Kottapitiya in Chilaw few days ago.
The incident had occurred at around 12.50 am on Wednesday (6) while they were both admitted to the Chilaw Hospital afterwards. The house and cab were severely damaged due to the accident.
Police also found a sword and a liquor bottle from the vehicle.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023