Ranil wants MoU with Government
UNP leader Ranil Wickremesinghe making a special statement today said the UNP was willing to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the Government ‘to support the country in dealing with the aftermath of the impending resolution at the UNCHR,’
The opposition leader said the passing of the resolution is a certainty and the UNP did not want to see Sri Lanka being relegated as a ‘Pariah State’.
The UNP would support the government in implementing the LLRC, and the 13th Amendment and give the required assistance in solving the national issue, he said.
(Courtesy: DM Online)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023