Ranil Warns a minister
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe has called a prominent minister, who was engaged in a heated debate with a number of parties regarding the Avant Garde case to Temple Trees yesterday (16) and had issued a stern warning.
Wickremesinghe who returned from Singapore had asked the minister to visit him immediately.
Prime Minister had shown the relevant minister the statements he made about Avant Garde and media reports based on his statements and advised the minister to not continue the debate.
The Prime Minister had stated that the praise the government had received after the resignation of Minister Tilak Marapana had been undermined by the statements the minister had made.
(Ceylon Today – by Thyaga Srimali Bandara)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023