Ranil Warns a minister
Posted in Local News
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe has called a prominent minister, who was engaged in a heated debate with a number of parties regarding the Avant Garde case to Temple Trees yesterday (16) and had issued a stern warning.
Wickremesinghe who returned from Singapore had asked the minister to visit him immediately.
Prime Minister had shown the relevant minister the statements he made about Avant Garde and media reports based on his statements and advised the minister to not continue the debate.
The Prime Minister had stated that the praise the government had received after the resignation of Minister Tilak Marapana had been undermined by the statements the minister had made.
(Ceylon Today – by Thyaga Srimali Bandara)
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
gestapo working at its best