Ranjan Ramanayake released on bail
Former MP Ranjan Ramanayake, who was arrested for obstructing the duties of police officers, has been released on bail by the Nugegoda Magistrate’s Court today.
Police said he was released on two sureties of Rs. 200,000 each by the magistrate.
He was arrested on April 13 by the Mirihana Police along with his physiotherapist at Madiwela.
The physiotherapist was released and the MP was remanded till today.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023