Ranjan Ramanayake remanded
Former MP Ranjan Ramanayake, who was arrested by the Mirihana police for obstructing duties of Police officers at a road block in Mirihana yesterday, has been remanded until April 20 by the Nugegoda Magistrate Court.
Former Parliamentarian Ramanayake and another person have been arrested on charges of obstructing police duties.
Yesterday (13) a person who identified himself as the physiotherapist of Ranjan Ramanayake had used a curfew pass issued to transport dry rations from Embilipitiya to Piliyandala and arrived in the vehicle without any dry rations at the Parliamentarians Housing Complex where former MP Ranjan Ramanayake was staying.
When this individual tried to enter the Housing Complex at Madiwela having come from Piliyandala he was subject to inspection by the Police near the visitor’s entrance. With the revelation that this person had violated the laws of the curfew pass, the Police began questioning him.
Then the former MP Ranjan Ramanayake had arrived on the scene and intervened in the incident and obstructed the police from carrying out their duties.
The former MP was arrested for obstructing duties of Police officers and was detained at the Mirihana Police yesterday.
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
Hope the prison guards lost the key to the remand cell gate!