Ranjan Ramanayake transferred to Angunukolapelessa Prison
Posted in Local News
Parliamentarian Ranjan Ramanayake who was sentenced to 04 years of Rigorous Imprisonment has been transferred to the Angunukolapelessa Prison today.
The Prisons Department Spokesman Commissioner Chandana Ekanayake said that the MP was transferred to the prison after completing his quarantine period at the Correctional Center for Youthful Offenders in Pallansena.
MP Ranjan Ramanayake was sentenced to four years Rigorous Imprisonment (RI) by the Supreme Court on January 12th.
Ramanayake was found to be in contempt of court in connection with statements made to the media regarding the judiciary.
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023