Recall Sri Lankans in Pakistan if their safety cannot be ensured – Anura
Leader of the JVP Parliamentarian Anura Kumara Dissanayake says Sri Lankans in Pakistan should be recalled if the Pakistan government fails to ensure their safety.
Speaking at a media briefing today, MP Dissanayake said maximum punishment must be meted out on the suspects adding that such brutal murders cannot be condoned.
MP Dissanayake said Sri Lanka also faced religious extremism in April 2019 with the Easter Sunday bombings, which greatly shook society.
He added such incidents should not continue to befall Sri Lankans claiming that no individual should become a victim of such actions.
MP Dissanayake said religious extremists are raising their heads locally as well as adding extremism, in all forms must be condemned, defeated, and thwarted.
(Source: News Radio)
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023