Recall Sri Lankans in Pakistan if their safety cannot be ensured – Anura
Leader of the JVP Parliamentarian Anura Kumara Dissanayake says Sri Lankans in Pakistan should be recalled if the Pakistan government fails to ensure their safety.
Speaking at a media briefing today, MP Dissanayake said maximum punishment must be meted out on the suspects adding that such brutal murders cannot be condoned.
MP Dissanayake said Sri Lanka also faced religious extremism in April 2019 with the Easter Sunday bombings, which greatly shook society.
He added such incidents should not continue to befall Sri Lankans claiming that no individual should become a victim of such actions.
MP Dissanayake said religious extremists are raising their heads locally as well as adding extremism, in all forms must be condemned, defeated, and thwarted.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Supreme Court invalidates Cabinet decision granting Paget road residence to Maithripala Sirisena February 29, 2024
- Nagananda Kodituwakku barred from practicing as Attorney-at-Law February 29, 2024
- Sri Lanka President highlights country’s Indian ocean security commitment at Pathfinder Conference February 29, 2024
- 36 persons injured in a bus accident in Monaragala February 29, 2024
- IMF Team to conduct second review of Sri Lanka’s EFF program in March 2024 February 28, 2024