Reginald Cooray passes away
Posted in Local News
Former governor and minister Reginald Cooray has passed away at the age of 75.
Reginald Cooray, who crossed over to the Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) from the Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) during the presidential election in 2019, was holding the position of the Kalutara District electoral organiser of the SLFP at the time of his demise.
He has served as a member of parliament, Minister of Mass Media, Minister of Minor Export Crop Promotion, Minister of Aviation, Deputy Minister of Justice, Chief Minister of Western Province, Governor of the Northern Province, the Chairman of the National Gem and Jewellery Authority and the Chairman of the state-run Sri Lanka Rupavahini Corporation (SLRC).
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Bruno Divakara arrested May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023