Report on bus fare revision today
A report with respect of the proposed bus fare hike based on the annual bus fare amendment will be submitted to the Cabinet today (12).
Earlier, President Maithripala Sirisena also asserted that private bus owners would be given an opportunity to express their opinion before the expert committee which was appointed for the bus fare revision.
The expert committee is to submit a set of proposals to the next Cabinet meeting based on the views of bus owners and other stakeholders.
The Transport Minister will announce the decisions to be taken up with regard to the bus fare revision.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023