Rishad Bathiudeen arrested by the CID
Parliamentarian Rishad Bathiudeen and his brother Riyaj Bathiudeen have been arrested by the Criminal Investigations Department this morning in relation to the Easter Sunday attacks.
Police Spokesperson DIG Ajith Rohana said the Bathiudeen brothers were arrested at their Bauddhaloka Mawatha & Wellawatte residences.
“They were arrested by the CID on the charges of aiding and abetting the suicide bombers responsible for the 2019 April 21s Attacks,” said DIG Ajith Rohana.
Police Media Spokesperson DIG Ajith Rohana said the CID had recorded direct and circumstantial evidence against the suspects.
The CID is conducting investigation in relation to the incident.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023