Rishad Bathiudeen remanded
Posted in Local News
MP Rishad Bathiudeen who was arrested by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) has been ordered to be remanded by the Fort Magistrate’s Court.
Accordingly, the parliamentarian will be held under remand custody until October 27.
He was arrested by the CID from an apartment at Ebenezer Place, Dehiwala this morning on charges of Criminal Misappropriation of Public Funds and Violation of Election Laws in 2019.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
I am sure he is in a Luxury Unit in the prison.
Soon, he will be out on bail.
But his arrest will reverberate through the Arab World and will result in significant consequences on entire population.
He will be released soon. He will be compensated because he was found innocennt like his brother.
Quite true Jeyaraj,
This is all big drama; he will be taken from Remand to Parliament when the 20A is debated and voted.
He will raise his hand for ‘YES’.
The evidenece will then dissapear.
He will be released and compensated.