Rs. 1 bn worth Rosewood stock seized by Customs
Sri Lanka Customs today seized a stock of 420 MT of Rosewood worth over Rs.1 billion, that was imported from an Eastern African country and to be exported to a Middle Eastern country, at the Orugodawatta yard, Customs said.
They said the stock of wood was stored in 28 containers.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023