Rs. 7 billion allocated for families affected by COVID-19
The government says it has allocated nearly Rs. 7 billion to grant concessions to 1.4 million families who are affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
Speaking during a special media briefing at the Department of Government Information, Cabinet Spokesperson Minister Keheliya Rambukwella said additional funds have been allocated for residents of Colombo and Gampaha.
The Minister said although the public and the country’s economy have been severely affected by the COVID-19 crisis, the government is continuing with all development initiatives.
Minister Keheliya Rambukwella also noted that all sectors in the country are gradually returning to a sense of normalcy.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023