Pillayan granted bail
Posted in Local News
Former Eastern Province Chief Minister Sivanesathurai Chandrakanthan alias “Pillayan” has been granted bail by the Batticaloa High Court today.
Pillayan and four suspects allegedly involved in the murder of Batticaloa District TNA parliamentarian Joseph Pararajasingam were arrested on October 11, 2015 and have been in remand custody since then.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023