Rs. 80 billion allocated for Gamperaliya project
Rs. 80 billion has been allocated to the “Gamperaliya project” which is focused on village development, Minister Mangala Samaraweera said yesterday.
“Gamperaliya” which is a rapid development project will be launched in August this year. The project aims at rapid development in villages in the next 18 months of the government’s term. Minister Samaraweera said that the government will also launch the Enterprise Sri Lanka Loan Scheme on June 22, 2018.
The Enterprise Sri Lanka Loan Scheme is one of the main proposals made in the budget to help entrepreneurs. The Minister was speaking at the launching ceremony of the UNP Central Media Unit and the “Sathya” (Truth) programme held at the Sirikotha UNP Headquarters last afternoon.
Minister Akila Viraj Kariyawasa who was also was present on the occasion along with other UNP Ministers, State Ministers and backbenchers addressed the gathering.
Minister Kariyawasam said that the UNP will take measures to grant Samurdhi relief to around 150,000-200,000 persons who were deprived of the facility due to political victimisation. Minister Kariyawasam pointed out that these people were deprived of Samurdhi relief solely because they were UNP supporters.
Thus, he said, the wrongdoings will soon be corrected and all those who were deprived of their Samurdhi benefits would receive it.
(Source: Daily News – By Amali Mallawaarachchi)
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023