Rs.80 million to maintain Opposition Leader, says Anura Kumara Dissanayake
JVP Politburo Member, Parliamentarian Anura Kumara Dissanayake says that the people are burdened with over Rs.80 million that is allocated to maintain the Opposition Leader.
The MP points out that the Opposition Leader had become a main factor for the present economic crisis in the country.
‘Apart from the ministers another person is being maintained. Who is that? The Opposition Leader. Recently I witnessed a report on the annual expenditure for the Opposition Leader. It exceeds 80 million rupees. For what? Are the people not burdened with this ? What has this wasteful government and wasteful opposition done for the people? Money is being wasted. That burden had to be borne by the people. Can this waste be stopped? No. The present Opposition Leader is a main factor for the present economic crisis.’
(Courtesy: News First)
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023