Rs. 80 million worth cash, jewellery robbed from state bank
Posted in Local News
Cash and jewellery worth of some Rs. 80 million were robbed from a state bank in Thalawa, Anuradhapura over the weakened, police said.
Reportedly, the robbers have broken into three out of the four safes of the bank.
The CCTV system database has also been removed and taken by the robbers, according to the police.
Under the supervision of Anuradhapura SP, 5 police teams are already conducting investigations regarding the matter.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023