Rupavahini tenders an apology to Sajith
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka Rupavahini Corporation tendered an apology to UNP Deputy Leader Sajith Premadasa for airing a derogatory and fake news item of latter crossing over to the government.
Premadasa made a written complaint to the Election Commissioner Mahinda Deshapriya demanding stringent action against Rupavahini.
Rupahavini tendered an apology to Premadasa as ordered by the Elections Commissioner.
Earlier, an SMS was circulated through an alleged duplicated mobile number of Premadasa asking people to vote for incumbent President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
BETTER TO GIVE PUNISHMENT, NO MORE APOLOGIZED BECAUSE ALWAYS DON’T COME TO CHEAT THE PEOPLES BY ADDING WRONG MESSAGE
so it is undoubtedly an election and civil right offence from the side of Rupavahini. So what legal actions will be taken against the responsible staff and Rupavahini?
There is no point in punishing officers; they were reluctantly responding to a telephone call from the powers.
If the first officer says ‘no’ to the caller, the next officer will be called.
So there is no point punishing officers. They are in a culture fostered by politicians.
As the vote counts are announced, a definite trend has become visible.
Australia should temporarily suspend its cruel ‘no boats’ policy and welcome asylum seekers from the highest echelons of society and admit those who helped develop and implement their cruel policies.