Sagala denies secret meetings with Senarath
Minister of Law and Order Sagala Ratnayake denied that he had conducted any ‘secret meetings’ with former President’s Chief of Staff Gamini Senarath.
Minister Ratnayake noted, in a press release, that several media reports, online publications and social media had published a news item indicating that he had met Senarath in secret.
“This is a baseless and malicious allegation. I have no reason to meet a suspect in a corruption case which involves billions of public money. I have nothing to gain by holding a meeting with a person of that ‘calibre’.”
The Minister denied the allegations claiming that it is his belief that “a handful of bankrupt political elements with hidden agendas,” are behind this propaganda campaign.
(Source: Ceylon Today)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023