SAITM students to be transferred to KDU
The government has decided to transfer students of South Asian Institute of Technology and Medicine (SAITM) to the medical faculty of Sir John Kotelawala Defense University (KDU) after determination their basic qualifications, Presidential Media Unit said yesterday (21st Feb.).
The decision has been made at a meeting held with the President at the Presidential Secretariat last evening.
The Attorney General, the Vice Chancellor of the KDU, Dean of the KDU Medical Faculty, and Chairman of the University Grants Commission has taken part in the discussion.
Accordingly, 1,000 students who are currently studying at SAITM will be transferred to KDU as per their basic qualifications, it is reported.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- U.S. Deputy Secretary of State commends Sri Lanka’s economic efforts February 23, 2024
- Nightlife will play a vital role in Sri Lanka’s economic growth and tourist experience February 23, 2024
- Moon landing today: US clinches first touchdown in 50 years February 23, 2024
- Johnston Fernando requests immediate probe into Sanath Nishantha’s death February 22, 2024
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024