SAITM students to be transferred to KDU
The government has decided to transfer students of South Asian Institute of Technology and Medicine (SAITM) to the medical faculty of Sir John Kotelawala Defense University (KDU) after determination their basic qualifications, Presidential Media Unit said yesterday (21st Feb.).
The decision has been made at a meeting held with the President at the Presidential Secretariat last evening.
The Attorney General, the Vice Chancellor of the KDU, Dean of the KDU Medical Faculty, and Chairman of the University Grants Commission has taken part in the discussion.
Accordingly, 1,000 students who are currently studying at SAITM will be transferred to KDU as per their basic qualifications, it is reported.
(Government News Portal)
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
This is a dodgy decision.
It says ‘1,000 students who are currently studying at SAITM will be transferred to KDU as per their basic qualifications’. What are these ‘Basic Qualifications’?
Will parents of SAITM students be required to bribe someone to transfer their children to KDU?