Sarana Gunawardena sentenced to 3 years in jail
Posted in Local News
Former MP Sarana Gunawardena has been sentenced to three years of imprisonment in connection with charges related to misuse of state property.
Gunawaradene was also ordered to pay Rs. 300,000 in addition to the prison sentence.
The former MP was accused of misappropriating State funds when obtaining vehicles on rent for the National Lotteries Board.
He was charged with causing a loss to the Development Lotteries Board during his tenure as Chairman in 2006, and 2007.
UPDATE: Former Parliamentarian Sarana Gunawardena, who was sentenced to three years in prison, has been granted bail after he filed an appeal before the Colombo High Court.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
Oh! we need to build more prisons to lock up these crooks.
O No Ranjith , it is really not necessary.
He can go on his kneels and appeal to the Old Lady of the Horagolla Dynasty , his mentor to talk to the Judge of the High Court and get a Pardon for it At least her nephew- in- law Ranjan can do it for them.