Shiranthi before FCID today
Former First Lady Shiranthi Rajapaksa is due to appear before the Financial Crimes Investigations Division (FCID) of the Police today in connection with the Siriliya Saviya bank account.
She has been summoned for an inquiry over the alleged corruption in connection with a bank account of the Carlton Siriliya Saviya Foundation. She is the Foundation’s patron.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023