SHOOTING AT MT. LAVINIA COURTS: PASSER-BY SUCCUMBS TO HIS INJURIES
The 32-year-old passer-by, shot while passing by close to the Mount Lavinia courts when prison officers opened fire at a suspect who was escaping from their custody, succumbed to his injuries early this morning.
“He died around 1am today,” said Dr. Lionel Muhandiram, Deputy Director of the Kalubowila Teaching Hospital.
The victim was a resident of Templers Road, Mount Lavinia.
The postmortem is to be held today.
The suspect, commonly known by his alias Chooti Putha wanted in connection with a number of crimes, escaped in the melee that took place around 12.30pm on the 26th of this month.
Courtesy : News First – Pix by streetgangs.com
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023