DEATH OF NEELAGIRI: THREE MORE MAHOUTS INTERDICTED
Another three mahouts of Pinnawala have been interdicted over the death of Neelagiri, the elephant in the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage.
Bhashwara Senanka Gunaratne of the Zoological Department said that the services of 10 employees of the Orphanage have been suspended over the incident.
“The probe into the death of elephant Neelagiri is in progress,” said the official.
Source: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023