SIX CHILDREN AMONG INJURED IN SCHOOL VAN ACCIDENT
Posted in Local News
Six school children were injured in an accident that took place on the Colombo-Kandy road in the Horagolla area of Nittambuwa this morning (August 2), police stated.
The accident occurred when a school van collided with a private bus, police Media Spokesman SP Ajith Rohana stated.
Both drivers and six children were injured in the incident while they were rushed to the Wathupitiwala hospital. One of the injured children was transferred to the Colombo National Hospital for further treatment.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
This is a repeat telecast, still government didn’t workout with a proper plan. In many other countries, they don’t allow small vehicles (vans) to be serve as school transportation. If anyone required to transport children they should registered under the school. School should request a valid children transportation certificate provided by education ministry and traffic police. With that they can register the vehicle in the specific school. Also the vehicle size should be specify and that should not be vans.
Likewise there should be some kind of mechanism to be operated in the country.
I’m not sure why our governments do not take any such steps towards protecting kids.