Six swept out to sea rescued at Kirinda
Six persons swept away by strong currents while swimming in the sea near the Kirinda beach were rescued by a team of lifeguards.
The group was on their way to Kataragama on a pilgrimage from Buttala.
The rescued drowning victims were admitted to the Kirinda Hospital for further treatment.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023