SLPP calls energy minister to resign over fuel price hike
The Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna has demanded the Minister of Energy to resign from his post, since yesterday’s fuel price increase has created several issues in the country.
A statement issued by the General Secretary of the party Attorney-at-Law Sagara Kariyawasam states that the Minister in charge of the subject should take full responsibility and resign.
The statement stated the party was “deeply concerned” about the government’s decision to increase fuel prices and make it more difficult for the public affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Public Health Inspector (PHI) shot dead in Elpitiya February 26, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s justice minister assures presidential election scheduled for 2024 February 26, 2024
- Wanindu Hasaranga suspended for two matches, fined February 25, 2024
- Parliamentary committees summon CBSL officials over 70% salary increase February 25, 2024
- STF arrests Army Corporal over Mahabage shooting that killed “Ukkuwa” February 24, 2024