Some parliamentarians requested for hotel stay unless arrangements are made to obtain fuel
Posted in Local News
Some parliamentarians requested from the Speaker to make arrangements for them to stay at a hotel during the parliamentary week unless arrangements were made for them to obtain fuel to attend Parliament sessions, Speaker Mahinda Yapa Abeywardene said today (May 19).
“Some MPs said it is difficult for them to obtain fuel because of the shortage to attend sessions and requested me to make some arrangements for them to obtain fuel. They also requested for some hotel accommodation if it is not possible to obtain fuel,” he said.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023