Some parliamentarians requested for hotel stay unless arrangements are made to obtain fuel
Some parliamentarians requested from the Speaker to make arrangements for them to stay at a hotel during the parliamentary week unless arrangements were made for them to obtain fuel to attend Parliament sessions, Speaker Mahinda Yapa Abeywardene said today (May 19).
“Some MPs said it is difficult for them to obtain fuel because of the shortage to attend sessions and requested me to make some arrangements for them to obtain fuel. They also requested for some hotel accommodation if it is not possible to obtain fuel,” he said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023