Police use tear gas and water cannon on IUSF protesters
Posted in Local News
Police used tear gas and water cannons to disperse Inter-University Students’ Federation (IUSF) protesters near the World Trade Centre at the Galle Face Green.
IUSF commenced a protest march near the Nelum Pokuna Theatre in Colombo this afternoon.
Heavy traffic was also reported in the area.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
Andares from anthare finding solutions to the nation’s problem. It is an insult to the tax payers money used to provide these donkeys’ scholarships.