Special HC rejects Gotabaya’s objection challenging jurisdiction
The Court of Appeal today rejected the preliminary objection filed by Former Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa, challenging the jurisdiction of the Special High Court to hear a case filed against him.
The case was fixed for February 22 by the High Court.
The former defense secretary and six others were indicted on charges of misappropriating Rs.49 million in connection with the construction of the D. A. Rajapaksa Museum and Memorial in Medamulana.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023