Special HC rejects Gotabaya’s objection challenging jurisdiction
Posted in Local News
The Court of Appeal today rejected the preliminary objection filed by Former Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa, challenging the jurisdiction of the Special High Court to hear a case filed against him.
The case was fixed for February 22 by the High Court.
The former defense secretary and six others were indicted on charges of misappropriating Rs.49 million in connection with the construction of the D. A. Rajapaksa Museum and Memorial in Medamulana.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023