Special meeting on Z-score to be conducted: Bandula
Education Minister Bandula Gunawardane said yesterday that he would conduct a special meeting with the relevant officials this morning to identify the reasons for the irregularities in Z-score rankings of students who sat the Advanced Level Examination this time.
Minister Gunawardane who returned to the country yesterday said that he would summon Commissioner General of Examinations Anura Edirisinghe, University Grants Commission Chairman Prof. Gamini Samaranayake and other officials of the ministry.
“There are irregularities in Z-score rankings only. There is no problem with regard to the results,” he said.
However, he said that some elements were trying to make a political issue out of the crisis.
“We will not allow that to happen,” he said.
Meanwhile, principals of some schools in districts such as Anuradhapura, Kurunegala, Vavuniya and Trincomalee complained that they had not received the results sheets as of yesterday.
Even by 3.00pm, they had not received results sheets.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023
- Suminda Sirisena passes away December 4, 2023