Sports Minister appoints Interim Committee for Sri Lanka Cricket
Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister Roshan Ranasinghe has appointed a seven-member Interim Committee for Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC), chaired by former Sri Lankan Cricketer Arjuna Ranatunga.
Accordingly, under the authority granted to him by the Sports Law No 25 of 1973, Sports Minister Roshan Ranasinghe has formed an interim committee for Sri Lanka Cricket consisting of the following members:
- Arjuna Ranatunga (Chairman)
- S. I. Imam, Retired Supreme Court Judge
- Rohini Marasinghe, Retired Supreme Court Judge
- Irangani Perera, Retired High Court Judge
- Upali Dharmadasa
- Rakitha Rajapakshe, Attorney-at-Law
- Hisham Jamaldeen
The Interim Committee for Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) will come into effect from today (November 06) while the earlier board will be temporarily suspended, the Sports Ministry said.
Furthermore, the Extraordinary Gazette has been issued suspending the registration of Sri Lanka Cricket with effect from Sunday (November 05) and appointing the Interim Committee to carry out operations until further notice or until an election is held.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023