Sri Lanka among Forbes top 10 coolest places to visit in 2015
Sri Lanka has been listed among the top 10 coolest countries in the world to visit in 2015, by the Forbes magazine.
Sri Lanka is placed in the 10th position in ‘The Ten Coolest Places to Visit in 2015’ in the magazine’s latest edition contributed by scribe Ann Abel.
“Sri Lanka offers tremendous value but is still often overlooked. The Aman Resorts here are as pampering as those elsewhere, but for a fraction of the cost. Absolute also arranges insider experiences such as a tour of the secret gardens of Galle Fort with author Juliet Coombe. But the main draw, Gaddis says, is the wildlife: Elusive leopards, wild elephants, boar, sloth bears and dazzling bird life from peacocks to hornbills roam this surprisingly diverse island. We can’t think of another country that has the variety of experiences that Sri Lanka does,” he adds.
“Yala National Park has been the longtime go-to, but he’s excited about the reopened Wilpattu National Park, which had been closed for years due to the civil war, and where, he says, many guests are able to enjoy their safari in private,” Abel delineates in the magazine.
Iceland, Morocco, Vietnam, America, Tasmania, Colombia, Japan, Argentina, Nepal and Sri Lanka are on the list of 10 destinations.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023