Sri Lanka attacks were retaliation for Christchurch attacks
State Minister of Defence Ruwan Wijewardene today revealed that the Easter Sunday attacks were retaliation for recent New Zealand mosque attacks.
Making a special statement in Parliament, State Minister Ruwan Wijewardene confirmed that at least 321 persons have been killed in the explosions reported in Colombo, Negombo and Batticaloa on Sunday.
State Minister Wijewardene added that at least 38 foreigners were killed and 19 were injured in the attacks.
While admitting that there were weaknesses in the defence system, he said the Government would take all necessary action to eradicate all terror groups.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023