Sri Lanka Customs earns highest-ever monthly revenue in October
Sri Lanka Customs earned its highest-ever monthly revenue which amounted to Rs. 109 billion in total in October compared to previous months in 2023.
The major reason for the increase in revenue was streamlining and making the tax collection process more efficient.
This year, the total Customs revenue is expected to exceed Rs. 925 billion.
Meanwhile, in the first 10 months of 2023 (up to October 31, 2023), the total revenue of Sri Lanka Customs is Rs. 760 billion.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023